If you haven’t jumped on the “box bandwagon,” lucky for you I’m here to fill you in! In today's market, there are a variety of boxes available to subscribe to, with more items than you can imagine. Customers may receive goodies every month or week and find the mystery mail exciting. The CAUSEBOX is the perfect box to get on board with this trend. The CAUSEBOX exposes subscribers to some incredible new products and educates individuals on social enterprises around the world. I had been eyeing the CAUSEBOX for a month or so and was excited to receive a subscription for my birthday.
Subscribers pay quarterly or yearly for their boxes and the price varies depending on the payment plan chosen. A new box is released each season. If you are not a subscriber you have to act fast as they sell out quickly. Each bright blue box contains a variety of products from social enterprises both in and outside of America. Customers can choose from the CAUSEBOX and the CAUSEBOX for Men. Last season's CAUSEBOX for Men contained items including a leather card wallet, cologne, earbuds, socks, and more. The contents of my first box are listed and pictured on The Honest Consumer's Facebook page. I won’t go into too much detail on the products because I am going to feature each of them individually in the near future.
1) A colorful passport holder from Root Collective with a $45 gift card to Root Collective: Root Collective produces handcrafted shoes and generates fair paying jobs in Guatemala.
2) A beautiful necklace from LandMine Design: LandMine Design works with women living in MineField which is a village near the border of Cambodia. MineField is a very impoverished area with the constant threat of human trafficking. This wonderful company enables women the opportunity to make a living from their home while caring for their children.
3) Bridgewater Candle: These candles are made in America and each candle purchase provides three meals to an orphaned child overseas.
4) Alter Eco Dark Almond Chocolate Bar: Alter Eco works with small scale farmers to institute Fair Trade and Organic practices for their ingredients. Farmers reside in Ecuador, Thailand, and Bolivia. Alter Eco prides themselves on being environmentally responsible, socially just, and reliably delicious.
5) One Love Organics Body Serum: The Georgia based company, One Love Organics, creates beauty products that are organic, environmentally friendly, and against animal cruelty.
6) Solo Hope Hand-Weaved Estrella Bowl: SoloHope helps fight poverty in Honduras by creating jobs for women. The woman are able to better provide for their families. SoloHope has a variety of products including jewelry, scarves, and other accessories.
I highly recommend learning more about the CAUSEBOX by visiting their website and looking at items featured in past boxes, as well. The CAUSEBOX is about $200 a year depending on the payment plan chosen. This includes four boxes, one sent for each season. The website states each box has approximately $150 worth of goods inside. My first box met those expectations. If you view past boxes on their website, retail prices are shown for each item you receive.